Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Knitter's Home Companion - Michelle Edwards



Released March 2011

Michelle Edwards

Abrams

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Fall's quickly coming and that leads to long, chilly winters for many of us. Knitting is a hobby I've been considering taking up in the winter months when it's hard to go outside for more than a few minutes at a time. If you're like me, A Knitter's Home Companion, is a great read.

Michelle Edward's book contains reflections on what started her interest in knitting, her interest in getting her daughter's involved, and patterns for some of the mittens, blankets, and socks she makes. It's going to appeal to someone who has a basic knowledge of knitting, but I didn't find the actual patterns useful without knowing how to knit. Thankfully, there are websites and videos you can find online if you're at that stage.

This isn't quite a "how-to" book, instead it's a collection of patterns, recipes, and insight into knitting and even life. I do love to cook, and one recipe quickly caught my eye and made it to the front of my fridge. This jam recipe sounds easier than any jam I've made before, and it also sounds incredibly good. Cooking dried apricots, water, sugar, and canned crushed pineapple is all it takes. I'll be back with pictures once I have tested the recipe.


Post a Comment

0 Comments